Michigan Short Track Racing Club: Springport racin and rockin - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Springport racin and rockin

#1 User is offline   mod4 Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members
  • Interests:Racing and Hockey

Posted 16 April 2008 - 08:22 AM

I saw on the springport website, racin and rockin is on July26th. AutoCity doesn't race that night, so I was wondering what the payout is going to be for the modifieds and how many laps is the feature? Also is there a b-main?

Thanks,
Joe
Hodgeson Motorsports

#2 Guest_HRT187_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 April 2008 - 08:26 AM

http://www.mstrc.com...hl=racin+rockin

#3 User is offline   modwatcher Icon

• Fan in the stands
  • Icon
  • Group: New Members

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:10 AM

I'll leave it to the powers that be to place this post in a proper place or leave it here ....

Schinde .. I might have to roam the roads and pick up pop cans to cover it but .. I will pledge $100 to go to the modified purse in any way you see fit ... and .. I will cover my own pit pass .... the Dawgs RULE !!

p.s. Big Ed .. I have heard you announce for some time now and I have to say this ... I had to ask who was announcing at last years Racin n Rockin because that person was so *into* it that I didn't even recognize your voice ... an excellent job Sir .. keep up the good work ....

PFD's Biggest Fan .. his Dad

#4 User is offline   mod4 Icon

• Icon

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE (HRT187 @ Apr 16 2008, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't see a pay out in any of those posts!!
Hodgeson Motorsports

#5 Guest_HRT187_*

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:00 AM

Exactly.

#6 User is offline   mod4 Icon

• Icon

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:16 AM

Anyone that has info on this topic would be great. Thanks, Joe Hodgeson
Hodgeson Motorsports

#7 User is offline   stinkfist Icon

• An example for all!
  • Icon
  • Interests:boobies

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:43 AM

Matt,
I know it's early, but do you know what or when the payouts will be?

thanks

Gavin,

Not yet officially, Jim and I have yet to discuss it in any detail. I will try to do so soon, so that everyone can make plans accordingly.

I would hope that it is made special enough to attract the top flight teams and drivers, especially since there will not be any USA show's that date.

Will let all know as soon as possible. I do know this, the contingency amounts that have been traditional with this show have made it very lucrative for some mod drivers, ask Perry Davenport or Harry Foote.

And yes, it is my hope the same holds true for the rest of the classes as well.

have a good day,

schinde

I think this is what he was talking about Joe!

Chad Decker 84d

#8 User is offline   mod4 Icon

• Icon

Posted 16 April 2008 - 04:29 PM

I would have thought there would be some new info from Feb 28th. Gavin, All you had to say was there is no payout posted at this time, but when I get the payout I"II make sure you get it.
Hodgeson Motorsports

#9 Guest_HRT187_*

Posted 16 April 2008 - 06:30 PM

stirthepot.gif
there is no payout posted at this time, but when I get the payout I"II make sure you get it.

Wasn't trying to be a prick.

#10 User is offline   mod911 Icon

• mod911
  • Icon
  • Group: Sponsor Member
  • Interests:racing, skiing,

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:55 PM

I got paid pretty well but money dissapears but I still have a flywheel on my wall that says it all.

Lead, follow or get out of the way.

#11 User is offline   schinde Icon

• schinde
  • Icon
  • Interests:Music, motorcycles and modifieds, in varied order dependent upon season.<br /><br />And of course, my grand daughter Kayleigh, who I intend to spoil. Some say I spoiled my daughter, I say bunk, I gave her what she earned, and what I could, and she has turned out very well, thank you.

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:01 AM

All,

At this point in time, I have the following "money" information.

For the Modifieds:

The Third Annual Sylvia May Ott Mod Fast qualifier pot will be started out again with $100 sheckles coming from Schindewolf Racing for the fastest mod on the track in qualifying, in honor of my mother in law, who passed before she was able to watch me go racing. This fast qualifier pot grows as we get near to the race day, and grows on the race day itself with the "Add A Lap" fast qualifier contest, which is really simple, you qualify normally, then, if you are not satisifed, you hand me ten bucks a lap for up to two laps, ($20), then you scratch your original qualifying lap and take your chances to better your time. More rules on that to come, but that money goes into the qualifying pot of money and gets spread through the top qualifiers, last year paying down to eighth, with others adding contingency qualifying money to various positions. The first year of this Sylvia May Ott Fast Mod qualifier pot provided Perry Davenport with $360 bucks for turning the fastest lap of the day.

Last year, the payout was as follows:

1st = 225
2nd = 100
3rd = 70
4th = 50
5th = 45
6th = 45
7th = 45
8th = 45
10th = 60

I also have heard that the Hunyady's, Jan and Roger, will be adding money to this qualifying pot, as do many others as the day draws near.

We also now know that the modified winners purse is now larger by $100.00 thanks to Perry's biggest fan. So, given the current purse pay numbers as advertised on the Springport Motor Speedway site will be at least $370.00 for the winner, plus various contingency monies spread through the rest of the purse for the feature.

I've yet to be able to speak with Jim regarding if there will be a purse change, and I am working to try and find a Racing and Rocking Main Sponsor for adding money to all the payouts for all the classes that night. I want to be able to recognize and pay all classes more than is listed if possible, over and above what the track will ultimately pay, but I need to find that "Main" sponsor to be able to do so. If I find one, that money will be properly spread throughout all classes and positions, unless I am directed by the Main Sponsor to do otherwise.

I know I haven't posted much lately about R&R, but rest assured, many are already working on it, along with our day jobs, and our race cars, all getting ready for the season to begin.

And this much I pledge, I, along with the help of countless others, will do everything that can be done to make this one more time, "The Best Racing Moment Of The Summer".

But please, remember this, from the very original thought for this day and this race, Racin' and Rockin' was intended to be a way for those of us who race, and those of us who are fans of racing, and those of us who are the racing family itself, to have a mid season party, a night of fun racing and good food and a good party afterwards, with a chance for drivers, crews and fans to get together and get to know each other, and to let the fans put a face to the name of the racer or racers that they cheer on each and every week.

And I do not intend to lose track of that facet of this event. It isn't just about the purse, (although it obviously is important, we all have to be able to affort to make the trip and run the race,) it is about the fellowship and gathering of the racing family for a wonderful night of fun.

And as Dick so well put it,

"I got paid pretty well but money dissapears but I still have a flywheel on my wall that says it all."

Please plan on that date, and keep tuned, more info will be forthcoming as soon as I get my car done and running. Besides, my wife is already on my backside to get things underway.

By the way, the trophy's are getting done as we speak, thanks again to Master Blaster ( Craig Burke) Jan Hunyady and the Governor, who have all combined together each year to create a most memorable trophy for this event.

have a good day,

schinde
Short track racing is more fun than a human being ought to be allowed to have!

#12 User is offline   mod4 Icon

• Icon

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:30 AM

Thanks, Schinde for the info.
Hodgeson Motorsports

#13 User is offline   PFD Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon
  • Interests:Racing, Family, and a little College Hockey. I love to hang out with friends and bench race so to speak. But probably my favorite thing is just playing and chatting with my little girl, hopefully one day she'll be out there tearing up the asphalt. But maybe she'll be a ballarina, either way I win.

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:46 AM

The part I love about Racing and Rockin is this. It's not all about the money for me. It's about bragging rights, getting one of the coolest trophies around. My goal is fast time, and trying for the ring gear. I'm aiming high but it's worth it. The first year was awesome, last year was just as good. It's about having fun and racin for the love of it. Then you get sit back drink some adult pop if you so choose, have some great food, and rock out to the Basement Dawgs. How much cooler can it get. Not to mention the mods are just a great show out there. Hope to see you there.
Go Big Or Go Home!
www.myspace.com/prd6mod

#14 User is offline   modwatcher Icon

• Fan in the stands
  • Icon

Posted 17 April 2008 - 01:29 PM

bump

#15 User is offline   Dynochick Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon
  • Interests:Wife & Mother of current sprint car drivers and former Mod drivers, chronic re modeler and perpetual student.

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:06 PM

Schinde...

It's the Hard Charger Award that I donate to.

This year instead of a $100 Bag O' Cash as in years past............it was be a $200 Jar O' Gold Coins for the Hard Charger in the Mod division.

#16 User is offline   schinde Icon

• schinde
  • Icon
  • Interests:Music, motorcycles and modifieds, in varied order dependent upon season.<br /><br />And of course, my grand daughter Kayleigh, who I intend to spoil. Some say I spoiled my daughter, I say bunk, I gave her what she earned, and what I could, and she has turned out very well, thank you.

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:03 PM

Jan,

I knew something wasn't totally right when I was writing that, but couldn't remember exactly what you sponsored. Yes indeed, every year it has been Hard Charger. In addition to the torphy work and other work that she does behind the scenes to make this event wonderful.

So, if you are piloting a mod this year, this is your event to make some serious fun money, 200 for Hard Charger in the Mod Division, a potential for some real serious money also for the Sylvia May Ott Fast Qualifier Pot, with the Add A Lap twist to it, an additional $100 to the mod feature winner from Perry's Biggest Fan, and that day, more and more comes.

For the other divisions, I will be doing an Add A Lap to your classes, at a minimum two laps for the Sportsman, at least one if not two for the Ponies and the Pures, dependent upon time. I am looking, seeking, begging, for someone to help provide a starter fund to help get pots going for those classes also, and in addition to the help that I get from everyone to put the event on, also looking for a Racin' and Rockin" Main Event Purse Sponsor to augment the monies the track has for class purses.

There really is an awful lot of work that is done behind the scenes to make this work, but honestly, the event itself makes it all worth it, for all of us that work to put it on. And I give thanks to those who have helped in thepast, and are already helping this year.

More info soon to come.

have a good day,

schinde
Short track racing is more fun than a human being ought to be allowed to have!

#17 User is offline   Dynochick Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon
  • Interests:Wife & Mother of current sprint car drivers and former Mod drivers, chronic re modeler and perpetual student.

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:33 PM

Schinde...

Don't forget.........we are having 'special' trophies for Fast Qualifers. The 'Gov' donated parts and I'm assembling trophies using these parts. The design is top secret, only The Gov, you, and I know what I am up to. And sometimes I don't even know what I'm up to. nilly.gif

5 classes and 2 trophies per class = 10 people getting hardware to take home. banana.gif

My goal is to have all trophies assembled and finished by Memorial Day. Fingers crossed.

So Schinde, I'll need some final verbage on classes so I can have the engraving done.

Any status yet on the powder coating???

#18 User is offline   PFD Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon
  • Interests:Racing, Family, and a little College Hockey. I love to hang out with friends and bench race so to speak. But probably my favorite thing is just playing and chatting with my little girl, hopefully one day she'll be out there tearing up the asphalt. But maybe she'll be a ballarina, either way I win.

Posted 18 April 2008 - 07:25 AM

Shinde,

My offer still stands on getting your ride to the track. I'll figure it out somehow or another. I would just love to see you race in the event you put so much work into.

We'll discuss the details when it comes down to it.

Perry
Go Big Or Go Home!
www.myspace.com/prd6mod

#19 User is offline   governor Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:Family and Racing

Posted 19 April 2008 - 06:37 AM

I would like to suggest that we enter Matt into R & R with a provisional starting spot, maybe 1st car behind the invert.

Matt will have so much going on that day / night that it would be a real challange to mess with practice, qualifying etc.

What do you say, anyone have thoughts on this?

Jan, Master Blaster should have your items blasted soon.

The, Governor / Dan Logan
A Passion for Modified Racing

#20 User is offline   lala23 Icon

• Crew member
  • Icon

Posted 19 April 2008 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE (governor @ Apr 19 2008, 06:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to suggest that we enter Matt into R & R with a provisional starting spot, maybe 1st car behind the invert.

Matt will have so much going on that day / night that it would be a real challange to mess with practice, qualifying etc.

What do you say, anyone have thoughts on this?

Jan, Master Blaster should have your items blasted soon.

The, Governor / Dan Logan

Dan, thats a rockin great idea, I think thats the least we can do for the man. I vote hell yes.

LALA 23 / Jerry LaFontaine

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users