Michigan Short Track Racing Club: Wipe Your Soda Pop Cans Off Before You Drink - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wipe Your Soda Pop Cans Off Before You Drink This Woman Didn't, Now She's Dead

#1 User is offline   saycheese Icon

• Kevin Allgire
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members
  • Interests:Motorsports/All Kinds,&amp; Hockey<br />Local Auto Racing History

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:59 PM

This is Serious! This incident happened recently in North Texas .
A woman went boating one Sunday taking with her some cans of coke which she put into the refrigerator of the boat. On Monday she was taken to the hospital and placed in the Intensive Care Unit. She died on Wednesday.

The autopsy concluded she died of Leptospirosis. This was traced to the can of coke she drank from, not using a glass. Tests showed that the can was infected by dried rat urine and hence the disease Leptospirosis.

Rat urine contains toxic and deathly substances. It is highly recommended to thoroughly wash the upper part of all soda cans before drinking out of them. The cans are typically stocked in warehouses and transported straight to the shops without being cleaned.

A study at NYCU showed that the tops of all soda cans are more contaminated than public toilets (i.e.).. full of germs and bacteria. So wash them with water before putting them to the mouth to avoid any kind of fatal accident.

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   kermit2 Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:10 AM

Another urban legend.
But still a good idea.

http://www.snopes.co...ns/raturine.asp
Dale Malusi

#3 User is offline   race1 Icon

• Crew member
  • Icon
  • Group: New Members

Posted 05 March 2010 - 09:24 AM

Myth Busters did an episode on this.... MYTH BUSTED

Bob

#4 User is offline   Kevin 05 Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:36 AM

Kevin,, nice picture of Ron Brown,, Reminds me of the days my dad ran Tri-sac. Still wish I could have found Roger Bibles sidewinder, and really wish there was a way to bring the Tri-sac type of open body rules back to some series.
The Wizard

#5 User is offline   saycheese Icon

• Kevin Allgire
  • Icon

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE (Kevin 05 @ Mar 6 2010, 03:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kevin,, nice picture of Ron Brown,, Reminds me of the days my dad ran Tri-sac. Still wish I could have found Roger Bibles sidewinder, and really wish there was a way to bring the Tri-sac type of open body rules back to some series.
The Wizard

Roger Bible has his car done, I just haven't contacted him since last fall. He has the paperwork for the car to be loaned to the museum, just waiting on him.

Posted Image

#6 User is offline   saycheese Icon

• Kevin Allgire
  • Icon

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE (race1 @ Mar 6 2010, 01:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Myth Busters did an episode on this.... MYTH BUSTED

Bob

Ya Snopes kills this story. I wish people would quit sending them to me.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   needforlatemodelspeed Icon

• King Of Kings
  • Icon
  • Interests:Dirt Track Racing and Snowmobiling

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:00 PM

That's gross. I rarely drink can pop. I go for the plastic bottle or fountain pop. I never liked pop from a can as I always thought it tasted flat.
2006/2008 Crystal Motor Speedway Pro Truck Track Champions

#40 Pro Truck "Crystal Crippler"

Blood, Sweat and Bent Equipment

#8 User is offline   rockthekazmar Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Racing...... That's it.

Posted 14 March 2010 - 09:31 AM

except some of the things on mythbusters that they say are busted are really plausable. a lot of things that they have to use air pressure for that they bust would be plausable if they had more pressure for. if they used nitrogen for more things instead of air they would find that the myth is plausable. also when they did the myths that were supposed to improve your fuel economy, they tried a hydrogen generator and said that was busted. in reality it is so plausable. you cannot run a car engine solely on hydrogen because you can't create enough hydrogen to feed a car engine. but if you run it as a supplement to your gas you may notice a mpg increase of up to 35-40%.
Justin Kazmar

#9 User is offline   Gunner Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE (saycheese @ Mar 6 2010, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ya Snopes kills this story. I wish people would quit sending them to me.

Ya, now you know how we feel....

#10 User is offline   lilInloes Icon

• Full time racer
  • Icon
  • Interests:Racin... Duh

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:49 PM

ok so Being the first post in almost 3 yrs and I have to comment of this. I drink out of pop cans alot I drink like 6 cans a day, But since i work in a store now and have gotten really germaphobic i read this and yea not I am going to be drinking out of my glass with a straw, as true of false this story is, it is so gross and really makes you think.
A bad night or racin is still better than a great week at work... So remember if you aint rubbin you aint racin cause in the words of Landon Hidy rubbin is racin.. in the words of H-wood yea baby

#11 User is offline   schinde Icon

• schinde
  • Icon
  • Interests:Music, motorcycles and modifieds, in varied order dependent upon season.<br /><br />And of course, my grand daughter Kayleigh, who I intend to spoil. Some say I spoiled my daughter, I say bunk, I gave her what she earned, and what I could, and she has turned out very well, thank you.

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:20 AM

One thing to keep in mind though, germs and bacteria are necessary to support human life. So, not all is bad. And without exposure, one does not develop the bodily defense against invasion. Not saying you should germ it up, and revel in bacteria, but, attempting to rid all from your life is unhealthy.

As kids, we didn't worry about it, and we survived. Why as adults, do we buy into it now?

Media sensationalism?

Probably.

Besides, we are walking bacteria/germ and hideous organism factories.

We have learned over time how to harness their power to help us better our lives in many ways.

And, where do you think organically grown food gets it's fertilizers.

have a good day,

schinde
Short track racing is more fun than a human being ought to be allowed to have!

#12 User is offline   Screaming Pickle Racing Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE (rockthekazmar @ Mar 14 2010, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
except some of the things on mythbusters that they say are busted are really plausable. a lot of things that they have to use air pressure for that they bust would be plausable if they had more pressure for. if they used nitrogen for more things instead of air they would find that the myth is plausable. also when they did the myths that were supposed to improve your fuel economy, they tried a hydrogen generator and said that was busted. in reality it is so plausable. you cannot run a car engine solely on hydrogen because you can't create enough hydrogen to feed a car engine. but if you run it as a supplement to your gas you may notice a mpg increase of up to 35-40%.

Are you talking about those hydrogen generators that people put in their cars and plumb into the intake system?

If so, you are mistaken. You will see no increase from them except from the "placebo" effect.

Simple laws of physics prevents you from getting more energy out than you put in. In other words the fuel it would take to create the electricity need to separate the hydrogen would represent more than the energy that you would get from the burning of the hydrogen.

If it worked you would essentially have a perpetual motion machine and we would all have free energy.
Rob Jenkins
Partner at Springport Motor Speedway
The Big Guy on a Little Bike

#13 User is offline   rockthekazmar Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Interests:Racing...... That's it.

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:40 PM

the hydrogen generator takes very little energy to separate the hydrogen from the oxygen. also a catalyst such as draino, or if you have access to it, costic soda helps separate a lot faster. it does not take the place of anything, or make the fuel burn more efficiently as many people think. it does work though, it has been proven. the only problem you face when doing it on newer cars is the computer eventually readjusts and counteracts the effects of the hydrogen. it deffinately works on older cars though. also, i am one of those ones who do believe that a perpetual motion engine is possible. i also believe that the perpetual motion engine has been perfected on several occasions, however they have been prevented from making any progress tward energy efficiency because they have been "eliminated" by the federal government and the oil companies.
Justin Kazmar

#14 User is offline   Screaming Pickle Racing Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:33 PM

I know folks that believe this believe it with all their heart but the fact is it just is not true.

Simple facts and a question

By mass, the energy content of hydrogen is 143 megajoules
per kilogram. Gasoline is 46.9. So by this measure, hydrogen
has three times the energy content of gasoline.

Water is made up of two hydrogen molecules and one oxygen molecule.

Your engine moves more than one hundred cubic inches of air per minute

You would then need at least one third of the amount of hydrogen to make the same energy as the gas.

You make the hydrogen from a mason jar of water.

How often do you fill the water?
Rob Jenkins
Partner at Springport Motor Speedway
The Big Guy on a Little Bike

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users