FWD RULES CRA series
Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:43 AM
1. Four or six cylinder front wheel drive cars are eligible as follows. Wheelbase must be between 92-105 inches. No all wheel drive. No all-wheel steer.
No V-Tech Engines. No Adjustable Timing Camshafts. No JDM engines.
2. All exterior trim, including lights, body moldings, mirrors, etc. must be removed. Stock body panels are to be used. Only stock bumpers may be used.
Drivers and passenger door must be welded or bolted shut. Cars must have stock frame, stock firewall, and stock floor pan. All openings in firewall &
floor pan must be covered. No reinforcing of body outside the drivers compartment. Hood must be secured with a minimum of two hood pins each.
All glass must be removed from the vehicle except front windshield. Front windshield may be replaced with lexan Side windows may go no further
back than 12” from the corner of the A-Post and must go straight up at a 90 degree angle from the door. Spoilers will be allowed Stock or
Aftermarket a aftermarket spoiler can only be five inches tall and 50 inches wide.
3. All flammable interior trim is to be removed from passenger compartment & trunk. No removal of ANY interior sheet metal panels except in drivers
door to make room for cage. Heating and air conditioning box may be removed. If a stock seat is used, all adjustment points must be welded or
bolted into place. RACING SEAT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED and is required for use at ½ mile tracks or larger. Steering column and pedals
must remain stock. All air bag components must be removed.
4. A full four or six point Standard cage is required. Cage must go completely from left to right side and may not protect just the drivers side. All cars
must have a minimum of three door bars on the driver’s side and two on passenger side. Minimum 1/8” thick plate must be welded or bolted to the
outside of the driver’s door bars. Cages must be welded or bolted to the floor of the car. All cars must have crush zones and bars cannot go all the
way to rear of trunk area if tied to strut tower. A maximum of two rear down bars may be used to support the hoop. These bars may run from the top
of the hoop behind the driver and extend to the trunk area. A single cross bar or "X" may be used between these down bars. Rear down bars MUST
be attached to the trunk FLOOR. Main cage must have at least two bars running from left to right, between the uprights, behind the driver. One at
floor level, and one at shoulder height of the driver. Roll Cage tubing must be minimum 1 ½” diameter and .095 thickness.
5. A racing seat may be used in place of stock drivers seat. If used, seat shall be mounted to roll cage. A five-point race harness shall be used on all
cars. Not more than 3 years old. Harness shall also be mounted to cage. All cars must have a driver’s side window net. Window net must be able to
unlatch for easy driver exit or access of safety personnel, and must be mounted to the cage. All drivers are to wear a full, clean fire suit. Gloves must
be worn. A Snell approved helmet (minimum 2000 rated) must be worn. A form of head / neck restraint or support is required. This can be anything
from a neck collar, to a full Hans device. Main Shut-Off switch for electric fuel pump must be easily accessible by Safety Personnel, and clearly
labeled as such. All safety items and approval shall be left to the discretion of CRA officials. All drivers must utilize a Scanner for safety directions
from the tower. Other radio communications are not allowed. You may purchase your own scanner… or rent one at the track for a nominal fee.
6. All four tires and wheels must be the same size, series and offset. D.O.T. approved passenger car tires only. No "made for racing" tires, no low
profile tires. All tires must non- Directional, All Season Radials. No Asymmetrical tires. Tires can be 13, 14, or 15 inches maximum. They can be 75,
70, 65, or 60 series. A maximum of seven-inch width for 15-inch wheels and six and one half inches for 14-inch wheels. All four wheels must be the
same size and offset. Racing wheels are allowed (NOT required), but must maintain same size and offset as OEM. No rear wheel drive offset wheels
will be allowed. No spacers will be allowed behind wheels.
7. Steering and suspension shall remain stock. OEM style shocks, struts, and springs ONLY may be used. No heating or cutting of spring allowed.
Minimum ride height will be required for 2010. (Measurement will be announced at a later date) Spring Rubbers will be allowed (1 per wheel). No
progressive rate springs will be allowed. For cars that do not have camber adjustments built in from the factory, modification of existing parts, to
allow for camber only adjustments will be allowed, but subject to approval.
8. All four brakes must remain stock. ABSOLUTELY NO ABS OR TRACTION CONTROL. All ABS sensors must be disabled.
9. Cars that have fuel tank mounted in front of rear axle may use stock tank. If tank is not mounted in front of rear axle, a fuel cell or marine type tank
must be used and securely mounted in the trunk area of the car. Trunk mounted tanks cannot be mounted within ten inches of the rear trunk panel
and may not extend beyond the side frame rails. All fuel tank installations must be centered between the rear wheels.
10. Only four, or six cylinder naturally aspirated engines will be allowed. No rotary engines. Only the complete stock engine for the car as delivered from
the factory. Stock intake manifold must be used with no modifications. Stock exhaust manifold must be used with no modifications. No Headers,
even if delivered from factory. EXCEPT: GM 3.8 liter V-6 may use factory header. Removal of smog, emission, air conditioning, and power steering
parts are permitted. Must use stock style starter. Battery may be relocated to an area behind driver. If so it must be secured & covered. Transmission
must remain stock and unmodified for that vehicle’s production. Transmission must have working forward and reverse gears. All 6 cylinders may
utilize only one cam per head. V-6’s must run an automatic transmission.
11. A complete exhaust must be in place completely under vehicle. No portion of exhaust may pass through interior and must exit under vehicle behind
the driver. Removal of catalytic converter is allowed. NO WEIGHT OR BALLASTS ARE TO BE ADDED TO CAR unless as a penalty per these rules,
and must be mounted in location to be determined by officials.
Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:51 AM
They race at Winchester,,,WOW
here is a Pic,,, High bank 1/2 mile
Some of you Spartan and Owosso guys need to run Whinchester on Oct 15,,,It would be real cool
Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:18 AM
Partner at Springport Motor Speedway
The Big Guy on a Little Bike
Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:35 AM
Patrick and Randy raced a CRA race at Plymouth this spring. They held their own but I'm pretty sure it was won by one of Miller's Hondas.
Partner at Springport Motor Speedway
The Big Guy on a Little Bike
Posted 17 September 2010 - 12:13 PM