Michigan Short Track Racing Club: FWD RULES CRA series - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

FWD RULES CRA series

#1 User is offline   tricknology Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members
  • Interests:Driving and Building Race cars.

Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:43 AM

CRA Rules for FWD 4 and 6 Cyl,,,they race all over the Midwest.

http://craracing.net/

http://craracing.net...RA_Rulebook.pdf

1. Four or six cylinder front wheel drive cars are eligible as follows. Wheelbase must be between 92-105 inches. No all wheel drive. No all-wheel steer.
No V-Tech Engines. No Adjustable Timing Camshafts. No JDM engines.
2. All exterior trim, including lights, body moldings, mirrors, etc. must be removed. Stock body panels are to be used. Only stock bumpers may be used.
Drivers and passenger door must be welded or bolted shut. Cars must have stock frame, stock firewall, and stock floor pan. All openings in firewall &
floor pan must be covered. No reinforcing of body outside the drivers compartment. Hood must be secured with a minimum of two hood pins each.
All glass must be removed from the vehicle except front windshield. Front windshield may be replaced with lexan Side windows may go no further
back than 12” from the corner of the A-Post and must go straight up at a 90 degree angle from the door. Spoilers will be allowed Stock or
Aftermarket a aftermarket spoiler can only be five inches tall and 50 inches wide.
3. All flammable interior trim is to be removed from passenger compartment & trunk. No removal of ANY interior sheet metal panels except in drivers
door to make room for cage. Heating and air conditioning box may be removed. If a stock seat is used, all adjustment points must be welded or
bolted into place. RACING SEAT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED and is required for use at ½ mile tracks or larger. Steering column and pedals
must remain stock. All air bag components must be removed.
4. A full four or six point Standard cage is required. Cage must go completely from left to right side and may not protect just the drivers side. All cars
must have a minimum of three door bars on the driver’s side and two on passenger side. Minimum 1/8” thick plate must be welded or bolted to the
outside of the driver’s door bars. Cages must be welded or bolted to the floor of the car. All cars must have crush zones and bars cannot go all the
way to rear of trunk area if tied to strut tower. A maximum of two rear down bars may be used to support the hoop. These bars may run from the top
of the hoop behind the driver and extend to the trunk area. A single cross bar or "X" may be used between these down bars. Rear down bars MUST
be attached to the trunk FLOOR. Main cage must have at least two bars running from left to right, between the uprights, behind the driver. One at
floor level, and one at shoulder height of the driver. Roll Cage tubing must be minimum 1 ½” diameter and .095 thickness.
5. A racing seat may be used in place of stock drivers seat. If used, seat shall be mounted to roll cage. A five-point race harness shall be used on all
cars. Not more than 3 years old. Harness shall also be mounted to cage. All cars must have a driver’s side window net. Window net must be able to
unlatch for easy driver exit or access of safety personnel, and must be mounted to the cage. All drivers are to wear a full, clean fire suit. Gloves must
be worn. A Snell approved helmet (minimum 2000 rated) must be worn. A form of head / neck restraint or support is required. This can be anything
from a neck collar, to a full Hans device. Main Shut-Off switch for electric fuel pump must be easily accessible by Safety Personnel, and clearly
labeled as such. All safety items and approval shall be left to the discretion of CRA officials. All drivers must utilize a Scanner for safety directions
from the tower. Other radio communications are not allowed. You may purchase your own scanner… or rent one at the track for a nominal fee.
6. All four tires and wheels must be the same size, series and offset. D.O.T. approved passenger car tires only. No "made for racing" tires, no low
profile tires. All tires must non- Directional, All Season Radials. No Asymmetrical tires. Tires can be 13, 14, or 15 inches maximum. They can be 75,
70, 65, or 60 series. A maximum of seven-inch width for 15-inch wheels and six and one half inches for 14-inch wheels. All four wheels must be the
same size and offset. Racing wheels are allowed (NOT required), but must maintain same size and offset as OEM. No rear wheel drive offset wheels
will be allowed. No spacers will be allowed behind wheels.
7. Steering and suspension shall remain stock. OEM style shocks, struts, and springs ONLY may be used. No heating or cutting of spring allowed.
Minimum ride height will be required for 2010. (Measurement will be announced at a later date) Spring Rubbers will be allowed (1 per wheel). No
progressive rate springs will be allowed. For cars that do not have camber adjustments built in from the factory, modification of existing parts, to
allow for camber only adjustments will be allowed, but subject to approval.
8. All four brakes must remain stock. ABSOLUTELY NO ABS OR TRACTION CONTROL. All ABS sensors must be disabled.
9. Cars that have fuel tank mounted in front of rear axle may use stock tank. If tank is not mounted in front of rear axle, a fuel cell or marine type tank
must be used and securely mounted in the trunk area of the car. Trunk mounted tanks cannot be mounted within ten inches of the rear trunk panel
and may not extend beyond the side frame rails. All fuel tank installations must be centered between the rear wheels.
10. Only four, or six cylinder naturally aspirated engines will be allowed. No rotary engines. Only the complete stock engine for the car as delivered from
the factory. Stock intake manifold must be used with no modifications. Stock exhaust manifold must be used with no modifications. No Headers,
even if delivered from factory. EXCEPT: GM 3.8 liter V-6 may use factory header. Removal of smog, emission, air conditioning, and power steering
parts are permitted. Must use stock style starter. Battery may be relocated to an area behind driver. If so it must be secured & covered. Transmission
must remain stock and unmodified for that vehicle’s production. Transmission must have working forward and reverse gears. All 6 cylinders may
utilize only one cam per head. V-6’s must run an automatic transmission.
11. A complete exhaust must be in place completely under vehicle. No portion of exhaust may pass through interior and must exit under vehicle behind
the driver. Removal of catalytic converter is allowed. NO WEIGHT OR BALLASTS ARE TO BE ADDED TO CAR unless as a penalty per these rules,
and must be mounted in location to be determined by officials.

#2 User is offline   tricknology Icon

• Icon

Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:51 AM

HERE IS THE SCHEDULE

http://craracing.net...fwdcompact.html

They race at Winchester,,,WOW

here is a Pic,,, High bank 1/2 mile

http://craracing.net...nchesterpic.jpg

shedule

http://craracing.net...winchester.html

Some of you Spartan and Owosso guys need to run Whinchester on Oct 15,,,It would be real cool

#3 User is offline   tricknology Icon

• Icon

Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:53 AM

check out the pics

http://www.winchesterspeedway.com/

#4 User is offline   tricknology Icon

• Icon

Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:57 AM

Mr. Randall,,have you ever run Winchester Speedway?

Anyone else???

V8 RWD videos

http://www.youtube.c...r+speedway&aq=2

#5 User is offline   Screaming Pickle Racing Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:18 AM

Interesting rule set. The SOHC rule on the V6 is a good one. You can really find some high HP DOHC but not so many SOHC. I don't like the factory seat rule and the camber rule is vague as is the exhaust rule. The no headers if delivered from the factory rule is kind of funny. No factory uses headers, some have tube style exhaust manifolds. I assume that is what they mean. Eliminates several vehicles as they make no other kind of manifold. Lots of gray in there to play around in, I like it.
Rob Jenkins
Partner at Springport Motor Speedway
The Big Guy on a Little Bike

#6 User is offline   Screaming Pickle Racing Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:35 AM

I really want to run that track.

Patrick and Randy raced a CRA race at Plymouth this spring. They held their own but I'm pretty sure it was won by one of Miller's Hondas.
Rob Jenkins
Partner at Springport Motor Speedway
The Big Guy on a Little Bike

#7 User is offline   tricknology Icon

• Icon

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:43 AM

Check out this video of the fwd 4 cyl. and fwd 6 cyl. cars at the hi banked 1/2 mile oval Winchester Indiana Speedway

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Qt4zg-UjKuI

who's got the right stuff,,,

Mr. Randall??

#8 User is offline   pmcnamara Icon

• Do it because you love it
  • Icon

Posted 17 September 2010 - 11:13 AM

I've raced several CRA events.. they are a very good organization and RJ Scott is a class guy who runs the series. CRA FWD have struggled to get a really good car count. CRA averages well over 20 in their SS & LM series, but under 20 in the FWD. The SOHC V6 rule is there I think just for the Anderson Speedway cars, none of the CRA regulars run that set up. Miller's Hondas win when they run, but they don't run week over week because those cars as they are built aren't legal to be regulars, but somehow they keep being allowed to run in one-offs here and there. Its a major point of contention among the CRA regulars. Winchester is awesome and all the FWD guys love it there.. they generally pull 30 cars when they race the high banks. They put on a good show at all the near tracks like Plymouth, Angola, I think they'd put on a good show if they were to come to Kalamazoo, Spartan or Springport.. mix in some of our area's regulars and their series regulars and you'd have a great race.
Team CRC : #00, #13, #99

#9 User is offline   pmcnamara Icon

• Do it because you love it
  • Icon

Posted 17 September 2010 - 11:05 PM

Photo from Winchester with FWDs

Posted Image
Team CRC : #00, #13, #99

#10 User is offline   rjb Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: PR Members

Posted 18 September 2010 - 09:16 AM

I have seen them run winchester and they put on a great show.

that track and eldora are two on my bucket list to take a couple of laps around.

Love the "BANKS"

#11 User is offline   53speeder Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:35 PM

Winchester is a handling track for the FWD's. Any car can win if handling good,as this is a momentum track for the FWD's. :3gears:
Speed does'nt hirt but the STOP sure gets your attention.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users