Michigan Short Track Racing Club: Mt.Clemens race track reunion - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mt.Clemens race track reunion thanks!!

#1 User is offline   quarterking Icon

• Fan in the stands
  • Icon
  • Group: New Members

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:37 PM

What a great night, last night that was wonderful to see a lot of the old gang. Sell out!!!!! 25 years since they locked the gate @ 237 north river road for tha last time God bless all and have a wonderful holiday season :bana:

#2 User is offline   Double D Icon

• Full time racer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:39 PM

View Postquarterking, on 05 December 2010 - 12:37 PM, said:

What a great night, last night that was wonderful to see a lot of the old gang. Sell out!!!!! 25 years since they locked the gate @ 237 north river road for tha last time God bless all and have a wonderful holiday season :bana:

I never raced at the MT. but I went there last night with friends and had a great time. I dont think Ive ever seen more dedicated racers or fans. Terry and crew you did the old girl proud.

#3 User is offline   Bishop Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: PR Members

Posted 05 December 2010 - 07:59 PM

It was a great time. Lots of memories.

The people who put it on:

Laura Tucker
Terry Bogusz Jr.
Jeff Moroni
Chuck Horan
John Nece
Dave Dehem
Cory and Steve Russell
Christina Leslie Williams
Tracy and Patricia Leslie
Fast Eddie Vernier
MARFC

#4 User is offline   milegend45 Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:Racing, Boating, Hunting

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:33 PM

It was a lot of fun to visit with so many of the people that I used to spend Thursday and Saturday nights with. There were some I had not seen since the track closed and then there were many there that I see on a regular basis during each racing season in my travels to different tracks. The food was great, the deserts from Patricia Leslie were exceptional and I am dreaming of another piece of that cake right about now. Watching the old videos and looking at the pictures brought back a lot of memories.

I miss the old girl but also know that while she is gone, it is not forgotten and lives on inside all of us that hold the Mt. Clemens Race Track to be our "Home" track. Can't wait till Tom Urban's 5th annual "get together" on January 22nd, the week after the MARFC Banquet.

Great Job Laura, Terry and the rest of the gang.........Oh Yeah, Vince Cuker doesn't age and looks like he just came down off of the flagstand..............

The old blue Street Stock #99 "The Classic Wallcovering Chevelle"
Dave DeHem

#5 User is offline   dirttalker Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:Golf, 80's Music, Broadcasting

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:01 PM

I, too, had a great time. Many of the drivers I had never met but thanked for the childhood memories. I know that my Grandpa (Vince) and My dad (roger) were proud and happy to be a part of the event. Thank you to everyone that helped put this event on. It was therepeutic for many of us!!
"Shut Up, Roger!!"

Announcer
Crystal Motor Speedway
Tri-City Motor Speedway

Twitter: www.twitter.com/shutuproger

In case of emergency, close mouth.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users