Michigan Short Track Racing Club: Racin' and Rockin' VI - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Racin' and Rockin' VI finally, and a short time to get it done

#1 User is offline   schinde Icon

• schinde
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members
  • Interests:Music, motorcycles and modifieds, in varied order dependent upon season.<br /><br />And of course, my grand daughter Kayleigh, who I intend to spoil. Some say I spoiled my daughter, I say bunk, I gave her what she earned, and what I could, and she has turned out very well, thank you.

Posted 27 June 2011 - 03:48 PM

Well, the decision has been made finally.

Racin' and Rockin' VI is happening, July 16th at Springport Motor Speedway.

Long story short, it was a long process to make the decision, many, many things happening in my life, but here we go.

Details will follow in this thread, but it will be basically the same drill. The mod's are the Headliner, and we are looking at potentially a $900 to win, maybe more. Payout for all classes running will be posted here.

I sincerely apologize to all racers as to the time it has taken to make this a reality, suffice it to say life is never a straight road, but hopefully we all get where we are going.

Keep watching, as I will be posting more shortly.

have a good day,

schinde
Short track racing is more fun than a human being ought to be allowed to have!

#2 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Administrator
  • Interests:local short track auto racing,sim racing

Posted 27 June 2011 - 03:55 PM

Best of luck gang! Wish I could be there to do a repeat of last year,but I'll be at Auto City. I know Flipper is itchin' to do another Racin and Rockin!
Chuck " The Flounder" Darling

Common sense is not so common anymore!- Me
I can't control stupidity...it's everywhere!- Me

Sometimes you just have to drive it. You donít ask, you just drive. If you want to make excuses for not being successful you can do that, or you can just go out there and put it all on the line for the win.Ė Brad Keselowski

Talent can make you fast,but it takes brains to be a champion-Tony Stewart

#3 User is offline   governor Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Interests:Family and Racing

Posted 27 June 2011 - 04:33 PM

As always, count on Deb & I helping out. I will start gathering some additonal support to make it happen.

I guess we better stock up on Jello Shot material.

Dan & Deb Loughan,

Govenor's Motor Sports
A Passion for Modified Racing

#4 User is offline   schinde Icon

• schinde
  • Icon
  • Interests:Music, motorcycles and modifieds, in varied order dependent upon season.<br /><br />And of course, my grand daughter Kayleigh, who I intend to spoil. Some say I spoiled my daughter, I say bunk, I gave her what she earned, and what I could, and she has turned out very well, thank you.

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:00 PM

Modifieds will have the add a lap qualifying, and the Sylvia May Ott Mod Fast Qualifier Purse is starting out at $50. (sign of the economic times)

There will of course be pig, other food, please bring your own dish to pass also, camping, porta johns for campers, the whole thing, including Mr. Big Ed Inloes, helping out the stellar Kyle on the mic for the event.

Trying to do what I can to get the purse for the mod feature up to $1,000. Right now, it is $900. Also trying to get some extra money for the rest of the classes also.

Don't be afraid to think of what you can come up with to make the event big and fun. After all, this is a party for the racers and the fans.

R&R VI, for the fans and racers, by the racers and the fans.

have a good day,

schinde

#5 User is offline   rockthekazmar Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Racing...... That's it.

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:05 PM

View Postschinde, on 29 June 2011 - 06:00 PM, said:

Modifieds will have the add a lap qualifying, and the Sylvia May Ott Mod Fast Qualifier Purse is starting out at $50. (sign of the economic times)

There will of course be pig, other food, please bring your own dish to pass also, camping, porta johns for campers, the whole thing, including Mr. Big Ed Inloes, helping out the stellar Kyle on the mic for the event.

Trying to do what I can to get the purse for the mod feature up to $1,000. Right now, it is $900. Also trying to get some extra money for the rest of the classes also.

Don't be afraid to think of what you can come up with to make the event big and fun. After all, this is a party for the racers and the fans.

R&R VI, for the fans and racers, by the racers and the fans.

have a good day,

schinde

What do you say we go 50 laps for the mods?
Justin Kazmar

#6 User is offline   wbta Icon

• Full time racer
  • Icon

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:15 PM

Never been to one of your racin' and rockin shows, but you came to my track a coupla years ago (whittemore) and did a helluva show, thanks for all you do to promote short track racing in Michigan, it needs all the help it can get. Once again, THANKS for caring, when so few others do.

#7 User is offline   RowZ Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:01 AM

The show needs to get completed as quick as possible IMHO to get the fans down to the pits for the party.
I'd say 30 laps max for the Mods.

Try to start the party by 10 pm at the latest.

-Brian

#8 User is offline   schinde Icon

• schinde
  • Icon

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:01 AM

How 'bout a compromise, 40 laps for the mods?

Remember, the entire show starts one hour earlier than normal.

What do you all think?

Let me know,

have a good day,

mjs

#9 User is offline   BigEd Icon

• Get your "Backside Trackside"!!!!!
  • Icon
  • Group: PR Members
  • Interests:Auto Racing, Bowling, Talking, sports in general

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:14 AM

I'm IN.

I'll back up my buddy Kyle however he may need me, if he needs me at all. I'll also handle anything Matt may need help with.

This is OUR baby, and it's up to every one of us to take care of it.

Linda is already preparin a jello shot making schedule.

Let me know if there is anything we can do to help with preperations!!!!!

R & R VI, it may not be the biggest one yet, but it WILL be just as much fun!!!
Spartan Speedway Announcer since 2003

#10 User is offline   Perry D. Icon

• Full time racer
  • Icon
  • Interests:Racing (most forms), Hockey - Both College and Pro. Go Wings!!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:14 PM

Hippie,

Count me in! I'll do what I can. I may not have a mod with me, but I love to support the show. You know my number.

Perry

#11 User is offline   governor Icon

• Icon

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:39 PM

View Postschinde, on 30 June 2011 - 12:01 PM, said:

How 'bout a compromise, 40 laps for the mods?

Remember, the entire show starts one hour earlier than normal.

What do you all think?

Let me know,

have a good day,

mjs

You know me, how about 100 laps? Ok I know some are not up for that many, out of shape, running alky, can't manage tires ya da ya da, LOL.

So hell ya 40 works for me.

Gov

#12 User is offline   Rocky Icon

• Filthy Sailor
  • Icon

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:01 PM

15 year class reunion that day and have to pick between CMS and the Birthday race at Oakshade and Racin' and Rockin'... Thanks guys LOL If it was all about the PARTY like it was 10 years ago I'd be with ya'll... But I might probably.. And I've never been to Ideal.... dang you guys.
Imported From Saginaw.
(Va) Langley Speedway-2
(Va) Virginia Motor Speedway-3
(NC) Clary's Speedway-1
(NC) County Line Raceway-1
(NC) Charlotte dirt track-1
(NC) Charlotte big track-2
(MI) Crystal - 3
(Va)Winchester-1
Lifetime Total 34 tracks in 9 states. How I have managed to go to Crystal 3 times this year I don't know.

#13 User is offline   governor Icon

• Icon

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:29 PM

Ok Matt, You wanted to get the purse to 1000.00, done deal, Row Z and I will each kick in 50.00 to make it happen.

Now if we can get some other racers and fans to add even 10.00 to the purse you can start breaking that down thru the rest of the field.

Come on all you racers who have been involved in R&R since the begining, lets show the newbies how we can all pull together to make R&R VI another success. We need to talk up this event and only have 16 days to do so.

Get up, Get up, Get up and lets GITTEEER Done.

Gov

#14 User is offline   schinde Icon

• schinde
  • Icon

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:22 AM

Alright, thanks to the Governor, Dan Logan and good Sir Brian Roes, we have reached that milestone $1,000 to win for this mod spectacular.

Some real heavy hitters in the mod class have won this race in the past, make yourself one of the R&R winners.

There is more to come,

have a good day,

schinde

#15 User is offline   governor Icon

• Icon

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:09 AM

Sounding like Engine Machine Service & Walt Obrinski Excavating will be joining on as supporters of R&R VI.

I have also been in contact with Gary Howe of Kalamazoo Speedway and he may also show some support.

Shaggy Ammerman is also working on some support from some sponsors and friends.

Updates will be posted as they become finalized.

Anyone else out there have some good news to pass along.

This event needs support from all divisions not just Mods, so please see what you can do to help make R&R VI a huge success.

Gov

#16 User is offline   schinde Icon

• schinde
  • Icon

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:40 AM

The Governor is very correct.

Any help is appreciated, R&R has always been a fun event, and a successful event, with real money to be won also.

More than anything else, it is a time to also relax and enjoy some racing, and enjoy the camaraderie of the racing family.

Have a few more surprises and people working behind the scenes also with me, so here it comes,

R&R VI, lives!

have a good day,

schinde

#17 User is offline   schinde Icon

• schinde
  • Icon

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:34 PM

Another 50 headed R&R's way from LaPratt's Welding and Fabrication, and a large donation, details to come soon on this one, from one of our very own MSTRC'ers, suffice it to say, it is going to be a great help, and is intended for those other than the winners or top finishers.

Away we go,

have a good day,

schinde

#18 User is offline   schinde Icon

• schinde
  • Icon

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:18 PM

Ok, so pig is ready to go, everything else is coming together and the purse is now at $1,050 to win, forty laps.

The Sylvia May Ott Mod Fast Qualifer Purse is starting at $100, with all "Add a Lap" Money going into that pot.

It is getting good and should be a great time.

have a good day,

schinde

#19 User is offline   cnaracer Icon

• Full time racer
  • Icon
  • Interests:My interests are anything to do with racing:) 08' was my rookie year..and i plan on racing longer..

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:27 PM

People asked me last week on who to talk to about the lap sponsor deal... who do we go to? and which way do i direct them!!

#20 User is offline   schinde Icon

• schinde
  • Icon

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:04 PM

Misty,

Send them my way, either on here, or that day at the track, I will get things organized. And, Mr. Big Ed Inloes will be more than happy to deal with this also.

have a good day,

schinde

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users