Michigan Short Track Racing Club: What is the latest on the aluminum head and add weight deal? - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What is the latest on the aluminum head and add weight deal?

#1 User is offline   racnpartsales Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 16 November 2005 - 04:40 PM

Does anyone know for sure what has been decided on added weight at auto city and the aluminum head? I have heard 50lbs, 100lbs and they are illegal at Dixie. Right in Dixies new rules I believe I saw MMA legal cars will be legal at Dixie. It then says a few more lines down that aluminum heads are illegal.

Has anyone heard directly from the Horses mouth on MMA rules, Auto City rules, and Dixie rules on this subject?

I am not trying to stir up controversy or speculation.

We are trying to come up with the best total non exclusion comprimise for Whittemores new mod rules. We want anyone to be able to come and try out the track.

Thank you for your time.
Jeff Parish Promoter
springportmotorspeedway.com
(989)395-0933

#2 User is offline   governor Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:Family and Racing

Posted 16 November 2005 - 04:45 PM

MMA will allow Aluminum heads with total weight after the race at 2450.
USA rules state 2400 after the race

The new MMA rule book is supposed to be out soon, but I have not
seen the draft yet.

The, Governor

#3 User is offline   mod4 Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:Racing and Hockey

Posted 16 November 2005 - 05:30 PM

I talked right to Mike and Joe, Mike said aluminum heads are not allow at Dixe. Aluminum heads are allow at AutoCity with a 100 lbs( 2,500 lbs after the race)! Dixe rules are out and says no aluminum heads, AutoCity hasn't put there rules out yet. Call in to AUTOCITY RACEDAY REVIEW on Sundays from 10-12 I'am sure they''ll have the answear or call AutoCity (686-9500).
Hodgeson Motorsports

#4 User is offline   Jay71 Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:Sports in General...Racing anything with a motor and wheels...

Posted 16 November 2005 - 07:24 PM

My question is will Dixies say if you are legal in MMA you are legal here like it has in the past? If so then wouldn't Aluminum heads be legal...
2012 Track Count

Crystal 1
Auto City 1
Tri City 2

#5 User is offline   governor Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:Family and Racing

Posted 16 November 2005 - 08:46 PM

Jay71,

Re-read the entire first post and you will find your answer.

It does sound like Auto City will have a rules package that is closer to
USA and MMA except for MMA with the McCreary tire rule.

Not sure why Dixie is locking out the aluminum heads, but it is Mike's
track and he does make the rules.

The, Governor

#6 User is offline   Jay71 Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:Sports in General...Racing anything with a motor and wheels...

Posted 16 November 2005 - 09:11 PM

What I was trying to say is how can a track contradict themselves like that?? I mean they say that MMA cars are legal and then say that Aluminum heads aren't..Well MMA rules say you can run aluminum heads, therefore they should be legal.....I hope that Dixie takes this into consideration, and amends this rule...I am thinking that they wrote their rules before the MMA made their rule announcement...
2012 Track Count

Crystal 1
Auto City 1
Tri City 2

#7 Guest_HRT187_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 November 2005 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE(Jay71)
What I was trying to say is how can a track contradict themselves like that?? I mean they say that MMA cars are legal and then say that Aluminum heads aren't..Well MMA rules say you can run aluminum heads, therefore they should be legal.....I hope that Dixie takes this into consideration, and amends this rule...I am thinking that they wrote their rules before the MMA made their rule announcement...

I think those are last year's rules.

#8 User is offline   cpracer Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 November 2005 - 12:40 AM

I know Mike called me on the topic of Aluminum heads and when we got off the phone we both agreed that they were a bad idea. I have heard Owosso is dropping the mods next year and only running them on special nights so MMA is no longer there. That only leaves 2 MMA pavement tracks so neither AC or Dixie really needs to worry about what the MMA rules are. I know at a track like AC I would definatley take a 100lbs weight brake over an aluminum head anyday so that doesnt bother me. At Dixie the track has better grip and you could use more motor so it would be border line, I commend Mike on his decision. Thanks Claude

#9 User is offline   MaddMike Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:adrenaline

Posted 17 November 2005 - 08:47 AM

So Claude...Who ELSE did Mike Kern talk to. Not trying to be a jerk, but it isn't cool if he based his decision only on what you alone said.

Mike

#10 User is offline   circusracer Icon

• Icon

Posted 17 November 2005 - 09:09 AM

i wish i was that important, no one calls me on anything :cry: :cry: . hey someone ask me a question and let me answer so i can feel i little special.....please.

#11 User is offline   mod911 Icon

• mod911
  • Icon
  • Group: Sponsor Member
  • Interests:racing, skiing,

Posted 17 November 2005 - 09:42 AM

I WOULD HAVE TO SAY DIXIE WILL GET LESS CARS THAN USUAL IF MMA CARS CANNOT RUN THERE. LAST YEAR THEY SPECIFICALLY VOTED NO ADJUSTABLE OR ALUMINUM SHOCKS,EVEN NO SHOCKS WITH SCHRADER VALVES ON THEM BUT WHEN SOMEONE SHOWED UP WITH THEM ON AND SET FAST TIME THEY BRAGGED THEM UP WITH THEIR NEW TRACK RECORD THEIR FIRST TIME THERE. WHICH WAS PURE BULLSHIT CAUSE THEN WE HAD TO HAVE A MEETING AND DECIDE IF WE WERE ACTUALLY GOING TO ENFORE THE RULE, SOMEONE DECIDED NO WE WEREN'T CAUSE THEY GAVE THE CHEATERS FAST TIME MONEY AND THE OPPERTUNITY TO START LAST AND WIN EXTRA MONEY IF THEY WIN. THEY DIDN'T. BUT I HAD TO GO TO THE REAR AND START LAST AND ONE MORE LAP AND I WOULD HAVE HAD HIS ASS FROM LAST PLACE. DIXIE DOES NOT ENFORCE THEIR OWN RULES VERY WELL ANYWAY.I ORDERED ALUMINUM HEAD AND DAVIS TRACTION CONTROL ALREADY SO DON'T WORRY ABOUT ME HAVING TOO MUCH POWER CAUSE DAVIS WILL KEEP ME UNDER CONTROL. I KNOW A FEW HAVE THIS AND NOONE EVER CHECKS OR KNOWS HOW SO GET READY BOYS...........

#12 User is offline   cpracer Icon

• Icon

Posted 17 November 2005 - 10:05 AM

lmao FIRST OFF Mike I never said I was the only person Mike called, just for the sake of pointing this out, do you think you might have been on that list? I know several people that run there were called, as for Dick, the 68 car who now has the track record had to add a 100lbs before the feature of that race, there was a big discussion as to wether or not the shocks were legal or not, personally I feel they were legal. The problem was that Dixie said because the shock had a schrader valve that made it adjustable. This is not true, that makes it rebuildable not adjustable. The shock has to come off the car to be rebuilt to change it, just like if you were to take your PRO shock or whatevever and change it to another PRO shock, the biggest difference is you only have one shock versus 2 or 3. I hope that clears this up, thanks, Claude

#13 User is offline   MaddMike Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:adrenaline

Posted 17 November 2005 - 10:52 AM

I have no business messing with Dixies rules. I just wanted to make sure that others were contacted and you say they were, so that's great. Diplomacy was the only thing I was concerned about.

Mike

#14 User is offline   G-man Icon

• Full time racer
  • Icon

Posted 17 November 2005 - 05:48 PM

8) You may want to recheck who actually holds the track record at dixie...

#15 User is offline   mod911 Icon

• mod911
  • Icon

Posted 17 November 2005 - 09:38 PM

iheard thar rhey changed their ruling on that. not sure, fill me in. i heard them announce that many times.

#16 User is offline   imca27mod Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon

Posted 18 November 2005 - 12:31 PM

I understand the Eric Osborn 00 still holds the track record. The 68 was a few thousanths off of breaking it. The only problem with the shock innocdent was that they called for a group meeting on the issue. The tech officals should have just made a ruling on it. Even if the rules were vague. And not leave the rules up for objection. I understand taking the drivers input in creating the rules but not inforcing them, that is between the driver and the tech offical.

#17 User is offline   G-man Icon

• Full time racer
  • Icon

Posted 18 November 2005 - 07:55 PM

8) I don't think so...Track record I believe is held by a black car...I guess you could check with the track,I'm pretty sure :?

#18 User is offline   cas11 Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon
  • Interests:Racing what else!

Posted 18 November 2005 - 08:33 PM

The G-Man is right, we broke the track record in 2004 that was held by Eric Osborne (00). I archieved the original note from Dixie. I think that Eric went 16.043 and we went 16.034 last season. I did confuse me that the track announcer was indicating that it was a new track record. I know that it was fast time of the year. When I get a chance I will look for the note from Dixie.

Chuck
Gorilla Racing

#19 User is offline   mod911 Icon

• mod911
  • Icon

Posted 19 November 2005 - 09:15 AM

I WENT 16.05 WITH NO PRACTICE AND 2 LAPS PERIOD SO THAT IS NOT THE POINT. RULES DO NOT GET ENFORCED WHEN CAR COUNTS ARE LOW SO THEY SHOULD ADD WEIGHT FOR ALUMINUM HEADS AND LET EM RACE. ALL I HEARD HERE FROM EVERYONE IS THEY ARE NO MORE POWERFUL THAN IRON SO SHOULD NOT COMPLAIN IF I HAVE TO COMPETE AGAINST THEM. WHEN I CAN'T HAVE THEM.

#20 User is offline   cpracer Icon

• Icon

Posted 19 November 2005 - 11:36 AM

LOL you never heard me say that the Aluminum stuff I would have is the same power Dick. Thats why I say its a stupid rule, it is not needed thats all. Cmon people you want to save money allow Fab front subs

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users